Contact: Ann McGinnis | (760) 436-0664 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Preschool -Grade 6 Program begins October 4, 2020
We hope to register children by September 25, 2020 with a targeted start date of October 1, 2020.
Note: No standard classroom programs will be offered this year. All programs will be home based. Regular onsite family and youth gatherings will take place when we can do so in compliance with Diocese and County Health Department mandates.
There are three age level groups to choose from:
Preschool 3-4 Year Old (Kittens) Pre-K 4-5 Year Old (Ducks) Kindergarten (Lambs)
Children must be three years old by 12/1/20 to be eligible
Due to Covid-19 issues-we will not offer on-site Sunday classes in the St John Preschool Building this year.
To limit screen time and encourage family interaction, we will not be offering an online program for the preschoolers.
To minimize contact, registered parents will be given a link to purchase the appropriate age level materials directly from the publisher. Registered families will also be emailed a suggested curriculum guide listing which lesson to cover each week.
We will begin the lessons in October and continue through May. Parents will also receive weekly emails from us with suggestions for home activities aligned with the Liturgical Year. When group gatherings are permitted, Preschool Program families are encouraged to join our Faithful Families Ministry for family activities on the third Sunday of the month.
2020-2021 Sunday Preschool Calendar = 2020 – 2021 Sunday Preschool Calendar
Preschool Age 3-4 Curriculum Guide 2020-2021
Preschool PRE-K Age 4-5 Curriculum Guide 2020-2021
Preschool Kindergarten Curriculum Guide 2020-2021
Grades 1-6 Family monthly meetings on Mondays from 6:00-7:15pm (When permitted by the County Health Department)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are offering a Hybrid model of catechesis this year. It includes home catechesis directed by the parent combined with Monday evening (6:00-7:15pm) monthly family meetings at the parish. Registered families will be emailed a curriculum guide listing which lessons to cover each week. Registration provides all families with access to an online program and review games. Families will be given the option to purchase textbooks to limit screen time and encourage family discussion. All will be asked to take the online post tests after each chapter so we can keep track of your progress. The curriculum is based on the Ignatius Press “Faith & Life” Series with the online program accessed through “Our Catholic Faith Delivered.” In addition to the “Faith & Life” curriculum, we hope to also offer once per month Friday evening “Fun, Faith and Friends Nights” for Grades 4-6. All registered families will receive weekly emails from us with suggestions for home activities aligned with the Liturgical Year.
Grade 1-6 Family Calendar 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 1-6 FAMILY CALENDAR 2020-2021
GRADE 1 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 1 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021
GRADE 2 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 2 FAITH LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021
GRADE 3 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 3 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021
GRADE 4 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 4 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021
GRADE 5 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 5 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020–2021
GRADE 6 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021 click here: GRADE 6 FAITH & LIFE CURRICULUM 2020-2021
Directions to access the MCFD site and directions to download Family Resources: MCFD Grade 1-6 Access and Family Resource Directions
Directions on how to begin the online Faith & Life Grade level lessons with your children: MCFD Grade 1-6 Lesson Directions
If you would like to purchase a textbook and/or an Activity Book for your child, please refer to the Ignatius Press Book Purchasing Guide– Ignatius Press Book Purchasing Guide
Standard Sacrament Preparation Program Typically a 2-year program beginning with First Grade. Celebration of First Confession during Lent and First Holy Communion in May of Second Grade.
In addition to completing portions of the Faith & Life Curriculum, Year 2 families will be asked to complete the “Blessed” program of sacramental preparation online. It is a series of twelve, 15 minute, very engaging videos on immediate preparation for the sacraments. Year 2 families will also be required to attend a series of 6 interactive family sacrament preparation meetings scheduled for Mondays at 6:00pm.
Directions for BLESSED Video Session 2020-2021: Directions for BLESSED Video Sessions 2020 2021
Directions for BLESSED Workbook Pages 2020-2021: Directions for Blessed Workbook Pages 2020-2021
RCIC Program Rite of Christian Initiation of Children
Sacrament preparation program for children 7 years and older, needing First Confession and First Holy Communion. Also includes children who need preparation for the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation) as well as children who have been baptized in a different Christian faith. In addition to completing portions of their grade level Faith & Life Curriculum:
- Year 1 families are required to attend a series of 4 family meetings on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:15pm.
- Year 2 families are required to attend a series of 6 interactive family sacrament preparation meetings scheduled for Mondays at 6:00pm.
All Year 1 and Year 2 RCIC families will be required to attend an orientation meeting early in the fall. If Covid restrictions prevent those meetings, families will be scheduled for a phone conversation to review the program requirements.
Requirements for all Families with Children Preparing for Sacraments:
- Regular weekend Mass attendance or participation in Livestream Masses during the pandemic is required.
- Completion of the text/online curriculum, participation in grade level family monthly meetings, and attendance at all family sacramental preparation meetings. Exceptions will not be made for students participating in extracurricular activities so please keep that in mind when signing your children up for sports and other after school programs.
- Please be aware that families with children in their second year of preparation for sacraments are asked to submit an additional fee to help defray the extra cost of their supplemental materials.
Copy of Baptismal Certificate REQUIRED with Registration for:
- All FIRST GRADERS (including those baptized at St. John)
- All SECOND GRADERS new to the program (did not attend first grade with us last year)
- All baptized RCIC Year 1 children
How to Determine your Registration Fee
NOTE: REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Preschool Program: $35.00 per child (Parents will be sent a link to purchase materials online)
Grades 1-8 Religious Ed Program & Junior High Faithways
One Child $80.00
Total for 2 children $140.00
Total for three or more children $180.00
An additional $40.00 per child should be added for each child registering for Year 2 of Sacramental Preparation
Ways to Submit your Registration Materials
Registration Form: Rel Ed Registration Form
- Complete the registration Form (above), attach your child’s Baptismal Certificate (if needed) and email to email@example.com and then pay your registration fee by debit/credit card online at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/486. Login into your account or create one if you do not already have one, choose Religious Education in the Gift section then follow the steps on the payment screen.
- Be Sure to complete both pages of the registration form.
- Please take care to print legibly and fill in answers for all items requested. We cannot accept incomplete forms.
- If you prefer you may put your completed form in an envelope along with a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate (if required) and a check made out to St. John to cover your registration fee and
- You may drop the envelope off in the parish office between 8:00 and 5:00 on weekdays or the Parish drop box by the office door on the weekends. Be sure to write Religious Ed on the outside of the envelope.
- If you prefer, you may pay by credit card or cash when you drop off your materials in the parish office.
- You may mail your envelope with completed form, check, and Baptismal certificate (if required) to: St John Religious Ed Office 1001 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024
- A LEGIBLE COMPLETED FORM, REGISTRATION FEE AND BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE (for all First Graders, Second Graders who are new to St John, and all Grade 3-6 RCIC Year 1 children preparing for sacraments) MUST ALL BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR CHILD TO BEGIN THE PROGRAM.
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS 760-436-0664 firstname.lastname@example.org
We will verify by email or phone that we have received your completed Registration Forms, Registration Fee, and Baptismal Certificate (if required). We will assign your child to a grade level group at that time and you will be added to our Parish Religious Ed Group Flocknote email/text communication system. Once registration is processed, you will receive an email with the program calendar, a curriculum guide, links to access the online programs and a link to purchase textbooks for those who prefer to use them. We intend to begin the 2020-2021 program the first week in October.