Contact: (760) 753-6254 |firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 CONFIRMATION PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
Sponsor Forms are due by April 1st
Click here to print out a copy: Sponsor Information Sheet.pdf
Mandatory Confirmation Prep Youth Meetings
All registered Year 1 and Year 2 Youth
The Third Thursday of the Month
In The Church
ST JOHN CONFIRMATION PREPARATION PROGRAM 2020-2021
The Confirmation Program began October 4, 2020
In the Diocese of San Diego, youth become eligible to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation at 15 years of age. Confirmation Preparation at St John is typically a two year program. Most youth enter the program in the fall of their Freshman year of High School and upon successful completion of the program celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of their 10th Grade year.
This year we plan to offer a hybrid program that will include an independent study online curriculum supplemented with large group evening gatherings at the parish. Due to the limited number of sessions we were able to offer last year, both Year 1 and Year 2 youth are expected to complete the Didache course “Intro to Catholicism” accessible online through Our Catholic Faith Delivered. Youth may work at their own pace as the platform allows us to track their progress and view their test scores. We will provide youth with a suggested curriculum guide listing what lessons we recommend they complete each week.
When we are able to do so, we hope to supplement the online lessons with large group evening gatherings. The gatherings will be based on the “LifeTeen Purpose Confirmation curriculum and will give the youth an opportunity to socialize, share prayer experiences, review lesson content, discuss Theology of the Body topics and take part in planning and implementing social service activities. The youth gatherings are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday evening from 7:00-8:45pm. Please be aware that the weekday and gathering time may be changed. The number of gatherings offered per month is yet to be determined.
CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Registered St John Confirmation Prep Year 1 and Year 2 Youth who are currently enrolled in a Catholic High School, and are participating in a religious education course at school, are exempt from completing the “Intro to Catholicism” online course. Youth attending Catholic High School will be expected to participate in all other aspects of our parish Confirmation preparation program.
YOUTH INTRO TO CATHOLICISM CURRICULUM GUIDE – click link: YOUTH INTRO TO CATHOLICISM CURRICULUM 2020-2021
Prayers you should know – click link: Prayers You Should Know
For My Catholic Faith Delivered (MCFD) Site Directions click link: MCFD Directions
For Introduction to Catholicism List of Required Chapter Pages click link : MCFD Required Chapter Pages
If you would like to purchase a copy of the companion textbook click on this link: Introduction-to-Catholicism-2nd-Edition-Student-Text/Didache Series
TBA – If we are able to offer a retreat this Spring, an additional retreat fee will be requested at that time.
Sacramental Preparation Program for High School age Youth
RCIC Program: Rite of Christian initiation of Children
This program is for High School age youth who are already baptized Catholics and wish to prepare for their
First Confession and First Holy Communion. It also includes youth who have not yet been Baptized
and those who have been baptized in a different Christian faith. This is typically a 2-year program with
celebration of the sacraments scheduled in the Spring of the second year of preparation. Youth in this
program are required to complete the “Intro to Catholicism” online course in Year 1 and the Dynamic Catholic online “Decision Points” Program in Year 2. Regular weekly Mass attendance and participation in youth gatherings and retreats is also required. Attendance at some additional family and parent meetings may also be expected.
*ALL YEAR 1 RCIC YOUTH MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THEIR BAPTISMAL CERTFICATE UPON REGISTRATION
*ALL YEAR 2 RCIC Families are asked to submit an additional fee of $40.00 per child to help defray the extra
cost of supplemental materials.
High School Youth with Special Needs
High School age youth with physical, cognitive, or other disabilities are welcomed and encouraged to participate in our Confirmation Program
Email Ann McGinnis at email@example.com or call (760) 436-0664 for more information.
How to Determine your Registration Fee
NOTE: REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
St John Confirmation Program
One Youth $120.00
Total Two Youth $180.00
*An additional Retreat fee may be requested in the Spring
*RCIC Year 2 Youth Additional $40.00 per child (those needing Baptism and/or Confession & Holy Communion)
Ways to Submit your Registration Materials
Confirmation Registration Form: Confirmation Registration 2020-2021 rev
- Register online
- Complete the registration Form (above), attach your child’s Baptismal Certificate Baptismal Certificate (if Year 1) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and then pay your registration fee by debit/credit card online at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/486. Login into your account or create one if you do not already have one, then choose Youth Confirmation Registration in the Gift section then follow the steps on the payment screen.
- Be sure to complete both pages of the registration form.
- Please take care to print legibly and fill in answers for all items requested. We cannot accept incomplete forms.
- Drop Off or Mail In
- Be sure to complete both pages of the registration form (above) – fill in answers for all items requested. NOTE: We cannot accept incomplete forms.
- Put your completed form in an envelope along with a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate (if required) and a check made out to St. John to cover your registration fee.
- You may drop the envelope off in the parish office between 8:00 and 5:00 on weekdays. On weekends you can put it in the drop box located on the wall by the parish office entrance door. * Be sure to write Confirmation Program on the outside of the envelope.
- If you prefer, you may pay by credit card or cash when dropping off your materials inside the parish office.
- You may mail your envelope with completed form, check, and Baptismal certificate (if required) to: St John Youth Office 1001 Encinitas Blvd Encinitas, CA 92024
A LEGIBLE COMPLETED FORM, REGISTRATION FEE AND BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE (All Year 1 Youth)
MUST ALL BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR CHILD TO BEGIN THE PROGRAM.
PLEASE CONTACT ANN WITH QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS 760-753-6254 email@example.com
We will verify by email or phone that we have received your completed Registration Forms, Registration Fee, and Baptismal Certificate (if required). We will add your child to the Confirmation Program roster at that time and you will also be added to our Parish Youth Ministry Group Flocknote email/text communication system. Once your child’s registration is processed, you will receive an email with the program calendar, a curriculum guide and the link to access the online program. We intend to begin the program the first week in October.